Re: [AMBER] AMBER18 pmemd.cuda TI generates Error: an illegal memory access was encountered launching kernel kNLSkinTest

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 18:10:26 -0400

This error message "an illegal memory access was encountered launching
kernel kNLSkinTest" is not one of the code's most helpful error messages.
It's kind of like saying that the patient died from lack of oxygen reaching
the brain. (But WHY--what started the sequence of events leading to that
condition?) In the GPU code, if something goes wrong, the ultimate symptom
is often that a particle gets moving too fast and flies off into the
stratosphere, which creates the kNLSkinTest problem. But if you can post
your inputs we can take a look. For some very large systems we have been
seeing occasional issues like this in standard MD and I have made some
progress tracking down the problem.

Dave