Re: [AMBER] Net salt ions ouside the solvent box after AddIons

From: Kasprzak, Wojciech (NIH/NCI) [C] <"Kasprzak,>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 19:53:27 +0000

Thank you.
 I did try addIons2 commands as well, but they take enormous amount of time for a system
of ~140K atoms (the third option I did not explain in my original e-mail), and are not practical for
shell scripts setting multiple MD jobs.

What gives me a pause is that the system at the end of a multi-step equilibration did not lose any atoms
(full system PDB has the same number of atoms, including all the requested ions that are listed in the
topology file, but the BOX_DIMENSIONS section in the PRMTOP lists the same dimensions as the
solvateBox command output. Yet ions well outside that water box are clearly visible. So what does PBC
run do to these atoms? Does it treat them as it would parts of the solute drifting outside the primary box
later in MD?

I will stay with addIonsRand in my scripts, but I would like to understand how this simulation did
not fail?

  Voytek

Wojciech (Voytek) K. Kasprzak (Contractor)
Bioinformatics Analyst
Basic Science Program
Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.
Post Office Box B
Frederick, Maryland 21702
Phone: 301-846-5537