Re: [AMBER] update_amber URL time out problem

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 08:13:09 -0400

On Wed, May 23, 2018, Meng Wu wrote:

> I am going to apply the update patches to Amber16 in our HPC, but
> when run the command "$AMBERHOME/update_amber --update" there an
> error appeared: urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error timed out> , does
> it mean something wrong with our internet?

It's hard to tell, but worth trying again to see if the problem goes
away, or trying on a different computer. What is the result of typing
"$AMBERHOME/update_amber --check-updates"?

Have you ever used the update_amber option before? It is possible that
your browser is using a proxy, and you need to tell update_amber about
that. Type "$AMBERHOME/update_amber --help" for information about that.

...good luck....dac