Re: [AMBER] How fast is Amber's new GPU code? Are CPUs ever coming back?

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 16:40:18 -0400

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018, Dave Cerutti wrote:

> ... and for anyone interested in
> undertaking a significant MD project it is worthwhile to buy into the GPU
> power offered with the licensed version.

Just my nitpick here, although it is not completely unimportant:

Both AmberTools and Amber are distributed via licenses that you must
agree to in order to use the codes: these are GPLv3 for AmberTools, and
a more restrictive license (see our web page) for Amber.

The distinction Dave is referring to above is probably that AmberTools
has no license *fee*, in contrast to Amber.

....dac