[AMBER] MM-GBSA on pH constant MD simulations

From: Giovanni Grazioso <giovanni.grazioso.unimi.it>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 16:27:43 +0200

Dear Amber Users/Devolopers,

    I have performed MD simulations at constant pH (5.5). By visual
inspection of the resulting trajectory I have observed a favorable
interaction between an AS4 (as ASH for 55% of MD time) and another amino
acid in the biological counterpart.

To estimate the interaction between these residues I have used the
MM-GBSA/energy decomposition approach but, unfortunately, the total
energy of this interaction is positive (+0.5).

Is it possible that the MMPBSA.py script does not properly recognize ASP
as AS4? AS4 is bound to 4 hydrogens in the topology used for calculation...

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Giovanni Grazioso

PhD, University of Milano (Italy)