Re: [AMBER] residue looks like it is not a part of protein

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 21:34:09 -0400

On Mon, Apr 09, 2018, Thakur, Abhishek wrote:

> I am making oxidized and reduced form of amino acids by making them
> heteroatom.

I think we need more information than this. Generally, amber does not
make any distinction between ATOM and HETATM records in PDB files. If
you need a modified form for an amino acid, you need to give it a
different residue name.

> If I remove the TER before heteroatom it is not giving any problem. But
> amber automatically add ter after heteroatom.

We would need to see your workflow to offer much help. Remember that
Amber is a suite of (many) programs, so saying that "amber automatically
add[ed] ter" cards is not specific enough. Can you tell use exactly
what you did, and which Amber program added the TER card?

....dac