Re: [AMBER] Enquiry on ntt

From: Ming Tang <m21.tang.qut.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 03:28:40 +0000

Hi David,

Thank for your reply. Some researchers study the viscoelasticity the protein via SMD, and then use Kelvin-Voigt model to fit the strain vs time curve to obtain the Young's modulus and viscosity. Based on the literature, the Lowe-Anderson thermostat is better than the Langevin thermostat in characterizing the viscosity. Lowe-Anderson is perturbs the system dynamics to a far lesser extent than the Andersen method. sadly, it is not available in AMBER.

Thanks.