Re: [AMBER] Enquiry on ntt

From: Chris Neale <candrewn.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:00:25 -0700

Without a thermostat, can AMBER acheive sufficient precision to avoid the
build up of thermal energy in regions where integration energy are largest
(typically the solvent if the water is rigid), or other flying ice cube
type problems? Using velocity Langevin as a thermostat has its own problems
with dynamics, but at least it guarantees the correct distribution of
kinetic energy across all particles. I guess I'm just not convinced that
NVE is without its own set of problems.