Re: [AMBER] MD simulation of a protein at pH 3.0

From: Cruzeiro,Vinicius Wilian D <vwcruzeiro.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 14:01:48 +0000

Hello Rakesh,

AMBER has an option (icnstph=2) that let's you do the MD steps in explicit solvent and the protonation state change attempts in implicit solvent. Jason Swails wrote a tutorial about it: http://jswails.wikidot.com/explicit-solvent-constant-ph-md

The cpinutils.py tool let's you choose which residues to titrate. At pH 3 one would expect the aspartate and glutamate residues to be the most relevant ones, but you can run a short simulation letting a large number of residues titrate and check which ones are relevant for your specific system at the pH you want. Then select only these for your production simulations.

I hope this helps,

Best,

Vinícius Wilian D Cruzeiro

PhD Candidate
Department of Chemistry, Physical Chemistry Division
University of Florida, United States