[AMBER] sander API does not support EP with igb 6

From: Lee-Ping Wang <leeping.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 05:44:16 -0800

Hi there,

I tried to use the sander API to calculate the energy of some TIP4P water molecules in the gas phase. The error message I got was “Cannot use igb>0 with extra-point force fields".

I think that error is reasonable because generalized Born models may not support off-center charges. However, igb = 6 is actually a gas-phase simulation where evaluating point charge interactions should be straightforward. Could this be fixed simply by modifying the sanity check in the source code?

Thanks,

- Lee-Ping