Re: [AMBER] Quasi-harmonic analysis

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 07:35:09 -0500

Hi,

So quasiharmonic analysis (and the thermodynamic properties calculated
from it) really only works well if your system has one very
well-defined energy minimum (because of the underlying assumption of
harmonic oscillation). Mike Gilson et al. published a very nice
article a while back that goes into this in some detail:
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct0500904

Also, I've personally never found looking directly at the matrices to
be very enlightening. You may want to also try the 'projection'
command to projection your coordinates along the generated
eigenvectors, along with the various types of 'modes' analysis you can
do ('modes fluct' etc). See the cpptraj section of the Amber 17 manual
for more details and examples.

Hope this helps,

-Dan