Re: [AMBER] distance restrain for group of residues

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 07:31:00 -0500

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018, ARMIN HODAEI wrote:

> I am trying to restrain the distance of a group of residues on a
> protein. I know that I have to use "sander" and impose NMR restraints(based
> on AMBER manual). But as far as I understand, I have to do it for every
> atom, and there are lots of atoms in these target residues. So is there a
> better way to just use the residue numbers, and fix the initial distances,
> in a way that they would not change during the MD simulations?

It's unclear (to me) what you mean by "restrain the distance of a group
of residues...": what distance(s) do you wish to restrain?

Are you (perhaps) trying to keep some part of the system rigid?

NMR distance restraints are intrinsically atom or center-of-mass based
restraints. Would it help to restrain the distances between the centers of
mass of various residues?

Otherwise, if you have lots of distances, you may need to write a script
to prepare the restraint input.

....good luck....dac