Re: [AMBER] AMBER tools 17 installation problem

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 17:52:33 -0600

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018, maryam azimzadehirani wrote:

> *Unable to start 'apt-get': The specified file was not found.*
>
> Just may be useful to mention that I am using Ubuntu in a virtual
> machine installed on windows 10

It's hard to know what the real problem is here: for some reason, you
cannot run "apt-get", but that should be a part of any Ubuntu distribution.

[Is there any chance that you are using the "Linux subsystem" of the Windows
10 Anniversary Edition? That is not really a full Ubuntu distribution,
(although I think it actaully has an apt-get).]

Providing the following information might help us:

1. What virtual machine program are you using (VirtualBox? something else?)

2. What is the result of typing "echo $PATH" in your Linux terminal?

3. The apt-get program should be in /usr/bin: do you see it there?

....good luck....dac