Re: [AMBER] GPU workstation with 8 x nVidia GTX 1080 Ti

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 14:32:22 -0500

If you're going to run independent simulations, you might want to consider
just getting 2 boxes with 4 GPUs each. It's a more standard and well tested
configuration, the parts (motherboard etc.) tend to be more mainstream and
cheaper, and the power supplies more standard too. I'm not sure of an
advantage to the 8x setup, except maybe space.