Re: [AMBER] GPU workstation with 8 x nVidia GTX 1080 Ti

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 14:38:14 -0500

I'll second that.

Note, you can save some money (less CPU/HD infrastructure etc) getting 8 GPU nodes vs 2 x 4GPU nodes but that assumes server grade gear and that you have a rack with 240V power to put it in. If you want to build your own boxes then 4 GPU is really the only option. If you do that you can go single socket consumer i7 for the CPU which can get the cost down a lot. See the following for an example

http://ambermd.org/gpus/recommended_hardware.htm#diy <http://ambermd.org/gpus/recommended_hardware.htm#diy>

I'll update this part list for a 4 GPU compatible case and updated links shortly.