Re: [AMBER] Query about the Glucose Parameters

From: Lachele Foley <lf.list.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:12:12 -0500

So far, you have explained how you calculated charges. Charge calculations
should not alter the 3D structure, so the procedure you outline would not
produce that geometry. At what specific step did the strange orientation
occur? Did you minimize the structure? If so, was it there before or
after minimization? If not, then what did you do? We need enough detail
for this to repeat exactly what you did, and this is not enough.

You say:
"i have created glucose structure and optimized the same in Gaussian with
b3lyp/6-31* method"

You created the entire 3D structure of the glucose there? That calculation
should not use any of the force field parameters. What was the structure
at the end of that calculation? Was the hydrogen already in that
orientation?

You say:
"I used simple glucose molecule because the parameter of glucose is already
available in amber."

Did you use the glycam06 parameters?

:-) Lachele
Lachele Foley