Re: [AMBER] TI where charges change

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:05:13 -0400

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017, Hadházi Ádám wrote:

> Well, I fell uncertainties about the answers. I guess, at the moment, AMBER
> and the implemented theory (TI) is not suitable for this type of
> calculation in a robust manner.

That would not be at all my conclusion; Amber users do this sort of
calculation all the time. Some cautions are required, especially if you
have a smallish box or if you need very high accuracy. Note that statistical
uncertainties are often larger than the expected errors (< 1 kcal/mol) being
talked about in these posts.

....dac