Re: [AMBER] NEW machine need help with GPU choice.

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 22:25:06 -0400

Have a look at our benchmarks:

http://ambermd.org/gpus/benchmarks.htm#Benchmarks

I'd recommend the 1080-Ti myself. And if budget is an issue of course you
want to be running calculations on a single GPU--the price per ns/day is
just not going to justify going to two GPUs in parallel. I don't know how
expensive the K40 was, but it's probably significantly more expensive than
the 1080-Ti or standard 1080, and will be about twice as fast as the K40
could run a simulation even if you had both chips running in parallel.
Make sure your power supply can support whatever card you're planning to
put in the machine!

Dave