Re: [AMBER] Binding Free Energy Calculation in Ionic Liquid

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 22:17:51 -0700

Speaking more as a programmer:

> *step-wise* how to perform the total calculation.

1. Make pdb of  solvent molecule
2. Follow a tutorial for creating an amber model of that molecule from
the pdb
2a. Basic step: assign atom types
2b. Basic step: derive charges
3. Create a box of your solvent, e.g. by solvating one molecule with itself
4. Equilibrate the box, run dynamics  [maybe you are at the 1 month mark]
5. Verify bulk properties of the solvent with experiment; iterate tuning
atom type parameters and/or charges
6. For each molecule you want to solvate
     Follow 1-2 for that molecule
     Solvate it in a box derived from your final equilibrated solvent box
     Equilibrate
     Perturb/Disappear the molecule? Numerous times?

I haven't done the latest methods for the last step, so you will need to
research it some more, but this gives an idea of the scope of the setup.
The level of parameterization can range from cheap to a project in its
own right.

Bill