[AMBER] Binding Free Energy Calculation in Ionic Liquid

From: Debasish Mandal <debu1500.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 10:27:09 +0530

Dear AMBER Users,
                                        I am a novice in molecular
dynamics. I would like to calculate the binding (free) energy of a series
of molecules in a particular ionic liquid. I have planned to parameterize
both the solvent and solute molecule and then put a single solute molecule
in the solvent molecule box. Then further processes (*which I actually have
no clear idea*) for calculating binding (free) energy can be done. I will
be highly thankful if you help me by providing responses of my following
queries.

1. Is this calculation is possible in AMBER?

2. Is this approach is correct
​​
?

3. If somebody has better idea to perform this calculation please let
me know.

4. Please provide me some details
​in ​
*step-wise* how to perform the total calculation.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Debasish

======================================
Debasish Mandal
Post Doctoral Research Fellow
C/o- Prof. Sason Shaik
Institute of Chemistry
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem,
Givat Ram Campus,
Jerusalem, 91904, Israel
E-mail: debu1500.gmail.com
Mob.No-08017296958

“I’m thankful to all those who said ‘NO’ to me it's because of them, I did it

myself” Einstein