Re: [AMBER] Amber16/DFTB and bromine

From: Amani Eshtiwi <eshtiwia2017.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 23:26:55 +0000

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 at 23:46, Amani Eshtiwi <eshtiwia2017.gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 at 23:37, Amani Eshtiwi <eshtiwia2017.gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 at 21:02, Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Armani,
>>>
>>> What version of sander are you using? Is it the last version?
>>>
>>> There was a problem with the use of halogens parameter sets, which I
>>> believe was solved in the most recent update. Please take a look at the
>>> discussion here:
>>>
>>> http://archive.ambermd.org/201602/0069.html
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> —
>>> Gustavo Seabra
>>

>> Dear Gustavo
>>

>> Thank you very much for your reply.
>>>
>> I am using Amber 16 Sander 2016. Which version shall I use?
>>

>> Regards
>> Amani

>>> DFTB parameters, there would be a corresponding error message in the
>>> output. Can you successfully run MM simulations? Please make sure that this
>>> is the case. If yes,then you can send your input files and we can have a
>>> look at what might go wrong.

> I have downloaded the specific purpose DFTB parameter setes for halogens
> and zinc. The parameter files were found and they appeared in the out file.
> However, the calculation is still suspending without writing any restart
> files or error messages. The last word appearing in the out file was
> Results. MM calculations as well as Amber/PM3 calculations run without any
> problems on the same system.
> I will send you my input parameters.
> Thanks.
>
> Kind regards
> Amani

Dear Andy

I minimised and heated the system. Afterwards, I ran equilibration and
conventional MD production simulation. Before starting umbrella sampling I
am trying to run an equlibration simulation with QM treatment. I am using
these input parameters;
imin=0,irest=1, ntx=7, ntb=2, cut=8, ntr=0, ntc=1, ntf=1, igb=0, ntp=1,
tempi=300, temp0=300, ntt=3, ig=-1, gamma_ln=1, nstlim=100000, dt=0.001,
ntpr,ntwx,ntwr=10, ntxo=1, ioutfm=0, ifqnt=1
/
&qmm
diag_routine=0, writepdb=1, qmmask='.1-15', qmcharge=-1, qmshake=0,
printcharges=1, qm_theory='DFTB', qmcut=8, dftb_telec=100,

Any ideas?

Best regards
Amani