Re: [AMBER] Amber16/DFTB and bromine

From: Amani Eshtiwi <eshtiwia2017.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 22:46:46 +0000

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 at 23:37, Amani Eshtiwi <eshtiwia2017.gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 at 21:02, Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Armani,
>>
>> What version of sander are you using? Is it the last version?
>>
>> There was a problem with the use of halogens parameter sets, which I
>> believe was solved in the most recent update. Please take a look at the
>> discussion here:
>>
>> http://archive.ambermd.org/201602/0069.html
>>
>> HTH,
>> —
>> Gustavo Seabra
>

> Dear Gustavo
>

> Thank you very much for your reply.
>>
> I am using Amber 16 Sander 2016. Which version shall I use?
>

> Regards
> Amani
>

>> > Em 18 de ago de 2017, à(s) 16:19, Goetz, Andreas <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
>> escreveu:
>> >
>> > Dear Amani,
>> >
>> > In this case it is hard to say what went wrong. If you were missing
>> DFTB parameters, there would be a corresponding error message in the
>> output. Can you successfully run MM simulations? Please make sure that this
>> is the case. If yes,then you can send your input files and we can have a
>> look at what might go wrong.
>> >
>> > All the best,
>> > Andy
>> >Dear Andy

I have downloaded the specific purpose DFTB parameter setes for halogens
and zinc. The parameter files were found and they appeared in the out file.
However, the calculation is still suspending without writing any restart
files or error messages. The last word appearing in the out file was
Results. MM calculations as well as Amber/PM3 calculations run without any
problems on the same system.
I will send you my input parameters.
Thanks.

Kind regards