Re: [AMBER] icc version 17

From: Hector A. Baldoni <hbaldoni.unsl.edu.ar>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 10:27:49 -0300 (ARGSL-ST)

Dear Fabrício,

Well ... there is a trick, but apply it by your own risk. Also check all
the test are passed:

At the line:
#if (__ICC != 1500 && __ICC != 1600) || !defined(__GNUC__) ||
!defined(__LP64__)

in the file:
/usr/local/cuda-X.X/include/host_config.h

change it by:
#if (__ICC != 1600 && __ICC != 1700) || !defined(__GNUC__) ||
!defined(__LP64__)

 ... and happy hack !!!

Regards,
Hector.

> On Wed, Jul 05, 2017, Fabrício Bracht wrote:
>
>> Hello, I've installed the intel parallel suite of compilers on my
>> machine
>> and tried to compile amber but the CUDA installation pops an error at
>> the
>> end of the make install command.
>>
>> #error -- unsupported ICC configuration! Only ICC 15.0 and ICC 16.0 on
>> Linux x86_64 are supported!
>>
>> The icc version I am using is 17.0.4
>> Is there a fix to it? (other than using icc 16)
>
> There probably is some fix, but there is little point in using icc for a
> CUDA
> compile. Do you have the GNU compiler collection available? That is what
> is
> recommended. (All the real work in pmemd.cuda is done on the GPU, so
> there is
> no advantage in using a compiler optimized for Intel CPU's, vs a "generic"
> compiler like gcc.)
>
> ....dac
>
> p.s.: going out beyond my comfort level here, but i think the error
> reported above is generated by nvidia code, not by Amber.

 Dr. Hector A. Baldoni
 Profesor Adjunto (FQByF-UNSL)
 Investigador Adjunto (IMASL-CONICET)
 Area de Quimica General e Inorganica