Re: [AMBER] icc version 17

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 07:59:36 -0400

On Wed, Jul 05, 2017, Fabrício Bracht wrote:

> Hello, I've installed the intel parallel suite of compilers on my machine
> and tried to compile amber but the CUDA installation pops an error at the
> end of the make install command.
>
> #error -- unsupported ICC configuration! Only ICC 15.0 and ICC 16.0 on
> Linux x86_64 are supported!
>
> The icc version I am using is 17.0.4
> Is there a fix to it? (other than using icc 16)

There probably is some fix, but there is little point in using icc for a CUDA
compile. Do you have the GNU compiler collection available? That is what is
recommended. (All the real work in pmemd.cuda is done on the GPU, so there is
no advantage in using a compiler optimized for Intel CPU's, vs a "generic"
compiler like gcc.)

....dac

p.s.: going out beyond my comfort level here, but i think the error
reported above is generated by nvidia code, not by Amber.