Re: [AMBER] constant pH MD question

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 08:39:32 -0600

Hi Michael

This is VERY hard thing to do.

You need to create charge sets for all possible protonation states, and
create special residues that have fake protons. You then have to design
that residue as 'titratable' and compute the reference free energies of
protonation/deprotonation and fit them against experimental pKas.

This is not for the faint of heart!

I would recommend that you try to rebuild yourself the ASH residue as an
exercise, before you try to go into phosphates.

adrian

On 6/29/17 3:17 AM, Michael Shokhen wrote:
> Dear Amber experts,
>
> I have Amber16 and Amber Tools16.
> I need to simulate by constant pH MD complex of protein
> with ligands containing phosphonic and phosphate
> functional groups like structural examples presented in figure below.
> Unfortunately I didn’t find in amber documents and tutorials how to prepare
> for constant pH MD input files containing such functional groups.
> Your help highly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Michael
>
> [cid:5878e43b-68e1-447c-9aa4-eb0655daf19e]

Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
University of Florida Research Foundation Professor
Department of Chemistry
University of Florida
roitberg.ufl.edu
352-392-6972