Re: [AMBER] Citation for frcmod.parmbsc0, frcmod.ionsjc_tip3p

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 08:25:43 -0400

On Wed, May 31, 2017, Ramin Salimi wrote:

> Do we need to make citation for using frcmod.parmbsc0, and
> frcmod.ionsjc_tip3p?

It's polite to do so; references are given in Chap 3 of the Amber Reference
Manual. In practice, this step is often skipped.

> It is my first time citing amber, and all the used elements in it, Could
> you please inform me if I need to cite any things other than Amber
> itself, and the forcefield(s) used?

Unless you are using some special feature (say, self-guided Langevin dynamics,
or similar), it should not generally be necessary to provide a citation for
all the components that go into a modern MD simulation. Citing the program
and the force fields should be sufficient.

....dac