Re: [AMBER] Water Geometry in SPCBOX Inconsistent with Literatures

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 04:24:54 -0400

This reminded me of an old problem whereby people (including advanced
users) could fail to source all the necessary files and get those chimeric
water models you are describing. However, in your case, I think you are
sourcing everything correctly. The fact is that SPCBOX is really TIP3PBOX
in terms of coordinates, just the parameters have been changed. What you
should see is that after one step of dynamics, the SPC/E water geometry
recovers. Check the bond and angle values in the generated PRMTOP and you
should also see SPC/E. You can use ${AMBERHOME}/bin/CheckMD -p <your
prmtop> -c <your inpcrd out of tleap> and then look in resID.txt to see a
description of each residue type in the system.