[AMBER] Libgfortran error during amber tools install

From: Van Rompaey Dries <dries.vanrompaey.student.uantwerpen.be>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 17:57:43 +0000

Hi,

I’m trying to install Ambertools on OSX 10.12.4. ./configure gnu gives the following error:

Testing the gfortran compiler:
     gfortran -fPIC -O0 -o testp testp.f
dyld: Library not loaded: .rpath/libgfortran.3.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/dvr/Downloads/amber16/AmberTools/src/./testp
  Reason: image not found
Error: Unable to compile a Fortran program using gfortran -fPIC -O0
       Please check your compiler settings and configure flags.
Configure failed due to the errors above!

I have reinstalled gcc with fortran (through homebrew) and tried again to no avail.
Installation through conda finishes fine, but I get errors referring to libgfortran.3.dylib when I try to run sqm, so something’s not quite right there either.
Help in fixing this error would be much appreciated. Please let me know if I can provide you with further details to help narrow down the problem.

Kind regards

Dries