Re: [AMBER] Building distributable executable

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 15:07:07 -0400

Hi,

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 09:40:08AM -0400, David A Case wrote:

> > -xHost is indeed present solely in:
> >
> > AmberTools/src/configure2
> > AmberTools/src/cphstats/configure
> > AmberTools/src/cphstats/config.h
>
> As Scott noted, the cphstats dependence is bogus, and has already been removed
> from the development tree.
>
> > the reason why in my case it had popped up in Makefiles was because
> > I had run configure before removing the xHost flag (and even after
> > issuing ???make clean??? and ???make realclean' it had persisted in several
> > locations).
>
> Scott: can you look into this? Why is xHost in the Makefiles themselves,
> rather than just being brought in via config.h variables? But don't spend
> much time on this, since the whole issue may go away if/when we convert
> to cmake.

If SSE_TYPES has non zero length then xHost does not appear in any Makefile.
else if MKL is used then xHost does not appear in any Makefile.
else if FFTW is used then xHost does appear in generated Makefiles in
./AmberTools/src/fftw-3.3/
because fftw is configured using our configure's coptflags.

9 min

scott