Re: [AMBER] Error with 'surf' and acetonitrile-water solvent mixture

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 11:00:55 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for the files. I am seeing some weird behavior of the 'surf'
command with them so I think there is a bug lurking in there. For now
a potential workaround may be to 'strip' all atoms you do not want to
calculate the surface area for, e.g.

parm HY133_ace_noions.prmtop
trajin HY133_ace_noions_prd.nc
strip !(:10001-10281)
surf out surfACE.dat
run

Let me know if that helps. In the meantime I'll try to figure out
what's going wrong. Thanks for the report,

-Dan