[AMBER] DNA Tutorial B1 - Temperature Drop

From: Johannes Kalliauer <johannes.kalliauer.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:42:42 +0200

Dear Amber users, Dear Ross Walker,

I am running Amber-Tutorial-B1 (DNA) of Ross Walker.
I'm am taking his input-files from Section 5:
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/section5.htm
and run the commands as written on the website, but the Temperature
dropped from 300K down to about 200K (See attachment) when (immediately
after) changing from one Input-File to the next, which shouldn't. (tempi
= 300.0, temp0 = 300.0,)

I uploaded my files to:
http://jokalliauer.bplaced.net/live%20access/Internet/UNI/PhD/B1Win/
(Alternative everything as ZIP):
http://jokalliauer.bplaced.net/live%20access/Internet/UNI/PhD/B1Win.zip
I run the problem with AmberTools16.21 on Cygwin and on Ubuntu 16.04,
both had the same problem, as mentioned above.

I don't know what I did wrong, because I just downloaded the inputfiles
(polyAT_wat_min1.in
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/files/amber_input_files/polyAT_wat_min1.in>,
polyAT_wat.prmtop
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/files/amber_input_files/polyAT_wat.prmtop>,
polyAT_wat.inpcrd
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/files/amber_input_files/polyAT_wat.inpcrd>,
polyAT_wat_min2.in
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/files/amber_input_files/polyAT_wat_min2.in>,
polyAT_wat_md1.in
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/files/amber_input_files/polyAT_wat_md1.in>,
polyAT_wat_md2.in
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/files/amber_input_files/polyAT_wat_md2.in>)
did not edit anything at all and run the commands as written in the
tutorial (Sec5.sh
<http://jokalliauer.bplaced.net/live%20access/Internet/UNI/PhD/B1Win/Sec5.sh>).
Maybe because I use a newer version of AmberTools (16.21)?

According to Amber16-Manual the restart-file should contain all
velocities (therefore also the kinetic energy/temperature?), therefore I
don't understand why it is not working as written in the tutorial.

Best regards from Vienna
Johannes Kalliauer
TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology)