Re: [AMBER] GB Methodology for Nucleic Acid to calculate Internal energy

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 17:19:54 -0400

Egb in the output file is just the solvation free energy.

On Apr 4, 2017 10:50 AM, "Ramin Salimi" <ramin.salimi01.utrgv.edu> wrote:

Hi Dr. Case

I appreciate your reply

But I am a bit confused. When we calculate the total free energy of our
system, we write it as Gtot = Eintra + Gsolv - TSintra , and we want to
calculate the internal energy, we cannot unambiguously separate out the two
contributions

Eintra + Gsolv . Am I right? If so, can we say that the EGB shown in the
output file of the GB/SA method is the sum of these two terms? or it is
just Gsolv? If it just the Gsolv, how can we find the contributions solely
from internal energy?
Kind Regards
Ramin