Re: [AMBER] restarting Amber calculations gives abnormal structures

From: Chris Neale <candrewn.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 10:30:34 -0600

Sadegh: are you sure you used the same input for -ref in the original run
and the restart? Also, that your restraint mask was the same in both runs?
I'd also suggest taking a look at your -refc input... are any of the atoms
in restrained groups wrapped around PBC (i.e. not in the same image in the
unit cell) in that file?
If the issue is simply PBC wrapping during the run then that sounds like
something that should get fixed in the code at some point, esp given that
it's called a "restart" file.