Re: [AMBER] [MTKPP & pmemd error]: Installation of Amber 12 with Amber-too13 on Fedora25-64bit

From: Vasantha Kumar <vin.vasanth.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:38:01 -0400

Dear Hai

Good morning...

Thank you so much for your suggestions and links,
with the getopts.patch amber16 installation went well.

I have one more question, Initially I had both aber12 and amberTool13, due
to series of problems during installation on 64bit Bill suggested me to
install amber16, now I have installed only amberTool16, therefore my
question is, in the absence of amber16 and only ambertool16 installation
would have all the features of amber16 or some features are going to be not
accessible or missed due to the unavailability of amber16.?

Thank you so much fro your kind help...

Have a good day/night
With many thanks
Vasanth

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 2:19 AM, Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 10:19 PM, Vasantha Kumar <vin.vasanth.gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear Bill
> >
> > I have also tried to install amber 16, everything runs wells, in the end
> > have following error related to "libsrim" with the make install.
> Therefore
> > I would highly appreciate your suggestion and comments related to with
> this
> > issue.
> >
> > With many thanks
> > Vince
> >
> > Error in installing amber 16
> > ===================
> >

> > depend:169: recipe for target 'getopts_c.o' failed
> >

> Can you try to follow this this thread:
>
> http://archive.ambermd.org/201612/0124.html
>
> (search for "text/plain attachment: getopts.patch
> <http://archive.ambermd.org/201612/att-0124/getopts.patch>" in that
> thread)
>
> Hai
>

> > make[3]: *** [getopts_c.o] Error 1
> > make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/J55/Programs/amber16/
> > AmberTools/src/rism'
> > Makefile:475: recipe for target 'librism' failed
> > make[2]: *** [librism] Error 2
> > make[2]: Leaving directory
> > '/home/J55/Programs/amber16/AmberTools/src/sander'
> > Makefile:17: recipe for target 'serial' failed
> > make[1]: *** [serial] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/J55/Programs/amber16/AmberTools/src'
> > Makefile:7: recipe for target 'install' failed
> > make: *** [install] Error 2
> >

> > On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 10:12 PM, Vasantha Kumar <vin.vasanth.gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Dear David
> > >
> > > I have tried to comment the mtkpp in makefile.. it works but in the end
> > it
> > > shows problem with "chamber". If I disable chamber again it will give
> > error
> > > with "reduce". I don't know what's going on. Its same software which
> > worked
> > > well on 32bit computer. Is there is a way to check necessary library
> > > requirement is matched or not tun run Amber.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Vince

> > but

> The

*Vasantha Kumar M. V.*
Postdoctoral Researcher
*Dr. Ioannis Gelis group*
Department of Chemistry
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Avenue, CHE 205
Tampa, FL 33620-5250
Email: vasanthakuma.mail.usf.edu <vin.vasanth.gmail.com> or
vin.vasanth.gmail.com
Cell phone: +1 813 203 9660