Re: [AMBER] Can we combine amber and gaff atom types?

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 13:13:21 -0400

If you can send me the .prepi file you use for your modified Cysteine and
the tleap input you used to make your dipeptide, I can show you what I
mean. You need to change N, H, C, and O of the Cysteine to match the
charges used by ff14SB, as seen in amino12.lib. I'd suggest changing the
CA and HA atoms as well. This will almost certainly change the net charge
on the residue, so to conserve the (-1) you need to make compensatory
alterations to the charges on other atoms. If you can do this with modest
changes to the sulfur and CB atoms, then I'd say you're in good shape to
roll without a more aggressive charge refit. If you want a direct
HF/6-31g* charge fit for this molecule, however, that's not a technical
challenge (it's a big molecule, but a small enough basis set and only
involves electron density computation at the self-consistent field level).

Dave