Re: [AMBER] radial distribution function from 1drism calculation

From: Tyler Luchko (Lists) <"Tyler>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 13:26:05 -0700

Hi Joy,

Can you provide more information? A plot comparing of the RDFs would be useful. As would details on the solvent and the expected and obtained results.

A couple of things to think about:

1) If the isothermal compressibility is negative, you have an unphysical solution. You will typically see long range oscillations in the RDF when this happens. Using a larger LJ radius can help get a physical solution.

2) For accurate solvation free energies, you will need to apply a correction. In AmberTools 16 you can specify parameters for the Universal Correction or ask that the PC+ correction be applied to 3D-RISM output (but not rism1d). While some recent work has had success applying PC+ to non-polar liquids, I have had poor results in the one case that I have tried.

Hope this helps,

Tyler