Re: [AMBER] antechamber cannot match patching atoms of amino acid

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 08:05:53 -0400

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016, Chitrak Gupta wrote:

> I am trying to parameterize a novel amino acid, to be used as a part of a
> peptide.
>
> I tried using antechamber, but the program could not match the patching
> atoms. Is antechamber only for organic molecules, i.e. should I be using
> something else for parameterizine amino acids? Or is there a way to get
> anterchamber to match the patching atoms?

The procedure for using antechamber to parameterize a modified amino acid
(intended to be a part of a peptide) is different from that used for molecules
that are not covalently linked to something else. See tutorial B5 for an
walk-through of creating modified amino acids.

If you have trouble, please try to provide details: I don't recognize
the phrase "could not match the patching atoms".

...dac