Re: [AMBER] where is amber.jupyter?

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 04:11:21 -0400

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 3:59 AM, Albert <mailmd2011.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> thanks a lot for the comments.
>
> I went through the manual on page 26, and I installed miniconda in
>
> /home/albert/install/amber16/lib/python2.7/site-packages/

before I compile Amber and made links at:

> /home/albert/install/amber16/miniconda

This is not a correct way to install miniconda.
Normally if user's Python does not have some Python package requirement
(e.g numpy, matplotlib ...), amber will ask you to install miniconda and
amber will *automatically* do that for you (if you say YES). if your Python
distribution have all the requirements, amber does not need to install
miniconda.

> However, after make install Amber, I still cannot find amber.conda or
> amber.jupyter....

Can you try to manually install miniconda by following:

cd $AMBERHOME

# below will properly set correct namespace for you. Please look at very
end of this configure_python file
# you will see something like: ln -sf ../miniconda/bin/jupyter amber.jupyter
|| error "Linking Amber's Miniconda jupyter"

bash ./AmberTools/src/configure_python

# reconfigure
./configure gnu

make install