Re: [AMBER] Amber12 or lated on POWER8 platform

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 08:50:54 -0400

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 6:22 AM, Sanman Sabane <sanmansabane0.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Has anyone installed Amber12 or later on POWER8 platform ? If so please
> inform me.
>
> I am facing issue while installing it with Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS.
> I have directed to the error where the variable "compiler" is being
> initialized as "unspecified" in the configure2 script located in
> /amber12/AmberTools/src
>
> This are the flags I am trying to pass while compiling
>
> ./configure -norism -nofftw3 -noX11 --with-netcdf gnu

​The --with-netcdf flag is used to specify an externally-installed NetCDF.
You need to follow that with the location of where your NetCDF installation
is. Something like this:

./configure --with-netcdf /usr/local ...

If you don't have one installed, then Amber will install its own NetCDF.
But this command is interpreting "gnu" as the path where NetCDF is found.
Ergo, it finds no compiler and you get the error message you report.

So the quick fix is to remove --with-netcdf and try again. Or if you want
to use your own NetCDF installation, provide its location after
--with-netcdf.

HTH,