Re: [AMBER] MCPB

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 12:51:41 -0400

Hi Fabricio,

I guess Marcelo's suggestion is about performing the partial optimization with only the external part being optimized but the central part being frozen.

In Gaussian a frozen symbol -1 or optimize symbol 0 follows the element symbol and aheads the atomic coordinates is used to freeze/free certain atom(s) during the optimization. For example:

C -1 0.000 0.000 0.000
H 0 1.000 0.000 0.000

means only optimize the position of H but freeze the position of C during the optimization (also don’t forget to use opt keyword in the Gaussian input file).

Is that right? Marcelo.

Kind regards,
Pengfei