Re: [AMBER] QM/MM simulation

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 10:09:09 +0100

You are very unlikely to see the reaction happen 'spontaneously' (i.e.
without some way of forcing it to happen, such as Umbrella Sampling).
Consider the likely barrier to reaction (presumably in the range of 12-20
kcal/mole, but possibly higher for the level of theory you may use). Such a
barrier will almost certainly not be overcome in 300ps or even 300ns or
more of simulation, and if it does, I wouldn't trust it necessarily.
--Marc