[AMBER] volmap: densities too low

From: Jean-Patrick Francoia <jeanpatrick.francoia.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 12:38:35 +0200

Hello,

I would like to use the volmap command to get "a density" for all the
atoms of my trajectory. I used the following commands (in cpptraj):

[...]

rms ref [1us] mass out rms.agr # Perform a rmsd on the frame at 1µs

go

volmap volmap.dx 0.5 0.5 0.5 .* centermask .*

However when I try to visualize volmap.dx, I observe that the densities
are very low (~1e-05). Moreover, while I expected the density to have a
spherical form, I just get a random one. It's like the rmsd didn't work,
and I just observe my molecule passing through the box.

Do you have any idea why I get this result ?

Sincerely