Re: [AMBER] Which of charge methods in antechamber are appropriate?

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 15:32:55 -0300

RESP is the charge model used to derive the charges in the Amber force fields. However, deriving the RESP charges involves more steps. AM1-BCC applies a correction over the AM1 charges to emulate the RESP charges, which is pretty accurate and much faster to obtain.

As to your choice, that depends a lot on what you you are trying to do, how crucial are those charges for your system, how much time you want to spend on this, etc… Only you can decide.

Gustavo Seabra.