Re: [AMBER] Errors in my installation

From: Abdul-Rashid Iii Sampaco <absampaco.up.edu.ph>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 10:06:50 +0800

Thank you for all your responses.

I tried Case's suggestion. I understand the command forces the computer to
download Miniconda. However, it fails to connect. The error message is:

Connecting to repo.continuum.io (repo.continuum.io)|54.225.73.227|:443...
failed: Connection timed out

I'm not sure if this is already a problem on my internet connection, or how
my terminal connects to the internet. I opened the link manually on the
browser and downloaded the shell file. I then used ./configure
--with-python /path/to/miniconda.sh but it cannot be run by the terminal. I
understand now that the shell file cannot be run on the terminal. Any
suggestions on how to run it?

Btw, I also tried Nguyen's suggestion, but it does not work. It says it
cannot find the file.

To Chagas, I don't know exactly what you mean by "Try to copy your content
and put it in the .profile file". Which content? I'm not an experienced
Linux user. I'm sorry if you have to be very specific on your instructions
to me.

Sincerely,

Rashid