Re: [AMBER] radial distribution function tails for liquids using GAFF

From: Conor Parks <coparks2012.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 14:41:49 -0400

Thank you! The value of rcut I was referring to was the of the Lenard jones cut off. I am using a cut off for both the lennard jones and the real space coulombic forces. The reciprocal space potion is being handled with a pppm solver ( I am running simulations in lammps, but since the question was about gaff, I brought it here).

The reason I am running at such a high temperature is that I need to prepare a meta stable liquid. 0.4 g/cm3 is below the solubility of acetaminophen of water at 380K, and hence no crystallization should occur. However for production runs, I will implement a step change in the temperature to 290 K, and monitor crystallization. I am using tip3p, as it has been showing to reproduce the enthalpy of solvation well at 290 K.

At any rate, it sounds like I was incorrect in thinking the RDFs should converge to 1.0 by 12 angstroms, and that this could very well happen for a liquid. I really appreciate your thorough response.

Sent from my iPhone