Re: [AMBER] restarting a run

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 10:04:10 +0200

On Mon, Jun 06, 2016, Thomas Pochapsky wrote:

> Thanks, Dave. Meanwhile, we are trying to optimize the alignment
> tensors for two sets of RDCs in an explicitly solvated protein using
> Amber 14. The .prmtop and .rst files we are using have worked fine for
> heating (at constant V) and equilibration (first constant V, then
> constant P) runs. When I add the RST.dip file, and hold the structure
> constant (freezemol=.true.), I get a sander bomb message:

Oooh...don't do this! With freezemol=.true., I not surprised that
constant pressure runs will crash. The purpose of freezemol is to
optimize the alignment tensor: for that, just do minimization (with
ntb=1). Then copy the optimized alignment tensor to your MD input file,
turn off freezemol, and continue the MD run (where you can set ntb back to
2).

....good luck....dac