[AMBER] proper box size to calculate binding enthalpy of host-guest in explicit solvent

From: Budhathoki, Dipesh <budhdipe.pharmacy.isu.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 11:27:42 -0600

Hi all,
I am trying to calculate the binding enthalpy of protein-ligand system
using explicit solvent.when I followed the Amber tutorial 21, they have
mentioned that the water molecules should balance between the bound set of
simulations(complex and pure water) and unbound set of simulatuions(host
and guest).How can I add equal number of water molecules between the bound
and unbound set of simulations?What could be the proper box size for the
leap preparatory files.In amber tutorial 21, they have used following box
sizes for bound and unbound states.
solvatebox purewater TIP3PBOX 16.50 iso
solvatebox b2 TIP3PBOX 13.16 iso
solvatebox CB7 TIP3PBOX 10.18 iso
solvatebox b2-CB7 TIP3PBOX 9.91 iso

They have also removed water above 1500 to maintain equal number of water
molecules between bound and unbound set of simulations.

Thanking you in advance,
Dipesh,
graduate student,Idaho Satte university