[AMBER] Modified ARG LYS parameters

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 13:51:35 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

Stefano Piana and DE Shaw have discussed in some of their work the
stability of salt bridges and if I recall correctly one of Stefano's
talk I heard, he also mentioned some efforts to reparameterize the ARG
and LYS sidechains taking salt bridge stability into consideration.
However, until now I did not see a modified set of parameters compatible
with the AMBER force field available. However, its possible I might have
missed something.

Is anybody aware of a new set of parameters for ARG and LYS ?

Any comments on potential issues with the current ARG and LYS parameters
in the context of salt bridges ?

Thanks for any insights

Best wishes
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Computational Structural Biology Laboratory