Re: [AMBER] atom serials instead of residue names and atom names in nativecontacts cpptraj

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 09:20:00 -0400

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016, peter.schmidtke.discngine.servier.com wrote:

> I am trying to use the nativecontacts command available in
> cpptraj. Results are pretty nice. However, I'm working on small molecule
> protein complexes. Describing contacts using the residue number and atom
> name is thus very cumbersome for me. Actually :169.O2 could represent
> whatever oxygen on a triphosphate of an ATP molecule, just to give an
> example.

I'm confused by your example. Atoms names within a residue must be unique:
there can only be one O2 atom in residue 169. So I'm not clear what you mean
by the phrase "whatever oxygen".

A pdb file (as created by ambpdb or by LEaP) shows a mapping between atom
numbers and residue-number/atom-name pairs. So maybe you could use that to
process your output to use atom numbers rather than constructs like
":169.O2".

....dac