Re: [AMBER] Implicit Solvent simulation - membrane proteins

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 13:58:51 -0400

Hi,

1. igb8 is not optimized for membrane protein and I don't think amber has
good implicit solvent for this kind of simulation.
2. GB in AMBER does not support PBC.

In my opinion, you should use explicit water + GPU. But if you really
really want to come with implicit solvent, you can check CHARMM
(google: charmm membrane implicit solvent)

cheers.
Hai